Position: Case Coordinator or Medication Coordinator
the Path to
Duties of a Case Coordinator:
- Make visits to assigned residents.
- Participates with the resident in the development, evaluation, and modification of individual’s service plans.
- Responsible for completing all required documentation in a timey manner.
- Trains and assists residents in self-administration of medication.
- Assists residents in improving socialization skills.
- Assists residents in establishing vocational/educational goals..
- Provides crisis management and case management services. (Includes making collateral contacts.)
- Implements Fire Safety Program.
- Notifies the appropriate supervisory personnel of any medical, psychiatric, or programmatic emergency.
- Distributes residents Money Management and Personal Needs monies as indicated.
- Assists to ensure Medicaid Billing is completed in a timely manner.
- Provides transportation as needed, for shopping, medical appointments, etc.
- Conducts apartment inspections to determine what repairs are needed and reports problems to appropriate personnel.
Duties as Medication Coordinator:
- Responsible for training, oversight, monitoring and documentation of residents in self-administration of medication. Responsible for learning about medication and side effects.
- Works collaboratively with treatment team and medical professionals to ensure resident's medical and health needs are met.
- Conducts health and psychiatric assessment and evaluation and facilities referrals to additional services as needed.
- Participants with the residents in the development and evaluation of individual service plans.
- An Associates degree and five years experience in the human services field. Or
- Bachelor’s degree in human services.
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction with agency staff, consumers/clients/families, and the community.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment skills are necessary
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Valid Drivers License and available car
Submits to Fingerprinting/Criminal background verification, as well as TB Testing
To Apply Please Mail, Fax, or Email your Resume to:
1976 Grand Ave
Baldwin, NY 11510
Fax: (516) 855-1811
Attn: Human Resource Department