Responsible for providing medical and psychiatric assessment and treatment to ACT recipients. Share in the overall responsibility for overseeing recipient treatment and staff delivery of clinical services.
• Successfully complete the ACT Core training and demonstrate basic core competencies in specified areas of practice as outlined in the NYSOMH ACT Guidelines
• Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation and modification of SAIL’S ACT Program with the goal of achieving best possible, evidence based outcomes
• Participates in daily ACT team meetings
• Observes the Rights of Recipients as defined in the NYSOMH ACT Program Guidelines
• Participates in supervision with Executive Director/Associate Director and Team Leader as requested.
• Provides psychiatric and medical assessment and treatment to ACT recipients
• Clinical supervision of ACT nursing staff
• Overall supervision of medication administration procedures
• Assists in the clinical supervision, education and training of team
• Participates in Incident Management Program, as necessary
• Participates in Utilization Management
• Responds to emergency situations as appropriate
• Educated and licensed as a physician by the New York State Education Department and certified, or eligible to be certified, by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
• At least three years post-license experience providing assessment and treatment to individuals suffering with severe mental illness. Supervisory experience necessary. Experience as a treatment team member preferred.
• Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction with agency staff, consumers/clients/families and the community.
• Critical thinking and sound judgment skills are necessary.
Valid Drivers License and available car
Submits to Fingerprinting/Criminal background verification, as well as TB Testing
To Apply Please Mail, Fax, or Email your Resume to:
1976 Grand Ave
Baldwin, NY 11510
Fax: (516) 855-1811
Attn: Human Resource Department