the Path to
- Successfully complete the Act Core training and demonstrate basic core Competencies in specified areas of practice as outlined in the NYSOMH ACT Team Guidelines
- Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation and modification of SAIL’S ACT Team with the goal of achieving best possible, evidence based outcomes.
- Observe the Rights of Recipients as defined in the NYSOMH ACT Team Guidelines.
- Provides other appropriate treatment, rehabilitation and support service to ACT recipients.
- Administers and monitors medication regimes.
- Provides medical expertise and feedback to team members.
- Develop, implement and coordinate wellness service for the ACT Team
- Provide health coaching session with ACT to identify health risks and create personalized health plan.
- Perform basic health screenings and research new screening methods.
- Implement health action plans and other site specific programs such as biometric screening, walking programs and other individuals who were at risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Assist clients set and achieve meaningful goals in the areas of weight management, nutritional guidance stress management, and smoking cession.
- License and Registered Professional Nurse (RN) by the New York State Educational Department.
- At least three years post-license experience providing assessment and treatment to individuals suffering with severe mental illness. 1-2 years of wellness and health lifestyle programs.
- Ability to implement and manage change in a fast-paced growing business environment.
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction with agency staff, consumers/clients/families and the community
- Critical thinking and sound judgment skills are necessary.
Valid Drivers License and available car
Submits to Fingerprinting/Criminal background verification, as well as TB Testing
To Apply Please Mail, Fax, or Email your Resume to:
1976 Grand Ave
Baldwin, NY 11510
Fax: (516) 855-1811
Attn: Human Resource Department